Tuesday, December 6, 2011

20 months!

Precious Reese, you are 20 months! You are in your "twenties"! I can't believe it. You are SUCH a big girl! Mommy is so busy with you I don't get to blog as much anymore, but I felt that turning 20 months old was a big deal I needed to blog about everything you do! Here are some of my favorite pics since my last update on you at 17 months...


weight: 25ish lbs

diaper size: 5

shoe size: 5 1/2 wide

clothes: all 18-24 months

teeth count: 12 with 2 lower "I" teeth beginning to cut through


You TALK all day long! I can't even keep track of all your words b/c you learn several new words and RETAIN them each day!!! Here are some new words (and how you say them)...good girl (goh guh), mine (myee), Jesus (she she), hotdog (ah-dah), airplaine (abby), baby (beebee), daddy (dahee), mommy (maui), please (pee), wow, whoa, potty (paw-ee), bite, yeah, no, choo choo, eye, outside (eye-shee), apple, sock (sah), shoe, love you (yuyoooo), thank you (tay-too), foot (fuh), tree, row row row, oh no, Barney (bah-eee), potty (pah-ee), cookie (cookuh), ok (uhkuh), cheese (chee), candy (cahee), show, sorry (sah-ee), cook, face, paper, bow, teeth (tee), Houston (Chi-Chi), Will (Wah), and Abby. This is in addition to all the other words you already knows!



You know many animal sounds now including cow, sheep, snake, dog, cat, duck, rooster, pig (you try to snort!), monkey, owl, tiger, lion, elephant (you just put your arm up and yell), and fish.


You are sooo polite! You say thank you probably 90% of the time somebody gives you something. You also say please if you reeeeaaally want something. Like the candy cane kisses mommy put in a bowl in the kitchen!


You are such a mimic! I was folding your clothes the other day and had them lined up on the couch. You came by and tried to grab a stack and I said "no no no!" After I put your clothes away, you went and got two bibs out and put them on the couch and started saying "no no!" to them! So funny! You also have removed all the ornaments (thank goodness for shatterproof) from the bottom 1/3 of the tree, and I am finding them EVERYWHERE! I had to move the breakable ones up high once you started going for them. I had to say No alot in order for you to leave them alone. So now you go up to the tree and point to the breakable candycane and say NO!


You are very possesive of your toys. If Jack is laying on your book (heaven forbid) you go right up to him and say "No! Mine! Jack!" It's so cute! We are trying to teach you to stop saying mine. We don't use that word at home, so you must have learned it at school. You are also so sweet and loving to Jack. Lilly doesn't let you come near him still. Yesterday Jack was laying on the couch, and you came up to him and gave him a big kiss on the lips and told him you loved him! Oh my gosh it was so sweet!


You are a dancing fool! Any music that you like you just dance without a care in the world! You are able to hop now too! The other day we were at Firewheel and this car drove by playing the macarena and you started dropping it like it was HOT!


When you see an airplane you point up in the sky and say "Abby Abby Abby!" You are so amazed! Also when you hear the train by our house you say Choo Choo every time! We rode the train at Firewheel the other day and you loved it!


We were there when Chi-Chi (Houston) was born! You and Mack had way too much fun in the waiting room together!


We went wedding dress shopping with Abby and you helped pick her dress out! You liked watching yourself in the mirror at the bridal shops!




We went to the state fair in October. You had texas twisters, lemonade, brats, and fried cheesecake! I was so proud of you for trying new foods!


When you take your medicine now you say "Good Girl" after b/c I always say it when you take it without a fuss!


You are calling us Mommy and Daddy now! I don't really know why you switched from mama and dada, but it is so cute!


You shake your head yes and no and are able to answer yes/no questions correctly.


You still have all your favorite foods, but have been a little more adventurous with trying new ones. I have been making casseroles lately with some success. You like brocolli rice casserole and breakfast casserole! You are starting to eat more out instead of me having to pack you a full blown meal, which is very nice. You will always eat easy mac and yogurt though!


You are drinking more milk hallelujah! I have to be very innovative though. I find that if I switch up the drinking cup every day and put chocolate in it you think its good! Some days we do a straw cup and some days a Mickey Mouse glittery cup. You don't like the same boring cup of milk each day.

You turned 1.5 yrs old on October 2! We had a chili lunch and had everybody over. We also had cookie cake like we did last year! Sadly mommy and you were DOWN with a stomach bug later that night. Not fun!

You have had 3 ear infections and strep throat once since September :(


You go to school 2-3 days per week on the days that I work and love all the activities there. You are learning so many new words, songs, and do lots of artwork for us! We are very happy with you going there part time!




You LOVE singing with me at night! You are starting to fill in the words yourself! You say EIEIO when it's time. You also like when I rock really exagerated and sing Row Row Row your boat. Your favorite song is You are my Sunshine and always say more (MA!) when I'm towards the end. We are singing Christmas songs now too. I sing alot of songs that my mom used to sing to me and you usually drift off after 10 minutes. It is such a sweet time for me. For the longest time you didn't want to be rocked and just wanted to go to bed. You prefer to be rocked now. If you don't fall asleep you say "nigh nigh" and I put you in your crib. You then say foot and hold your feet up one by one for me to kiss. Then you hold your hands up, and I kiss them. Lately your babies have been going to bed with you which leads me to my next little story...


You have this tiny baby that your Nanny got you. It has a little hat that comes off but is attached. You like to take the hat off but can't quite get the hat back on, so you say uh oh until we put it back on for you. Well I let you take that baby to bed the other night and ALL NIGHT LONG every hour or so I heard "uh oh. uh oh beebee. uh oh!" I guess you were thrown off by the baby in bed with you and you were sleep talking to it all night! Needless to say that baby hasn't been back in the bed with you at night!


You are on 1 nap a day now finally. That transition took awhile! It is usually around 2 hrs. I miss the days of two 2 hour naps! You are waking up anywhere from 7-8 in the morning and going to bed anywhere from 7-8 at night. You continue to sleep all night long praise the Lord!


We have started the potty training process! I don't really know what I'm doing but I'm trying! I'm not really making it a big deal about it yet but the potty seat is on the potty! Of course it is a princess potty and it plays princess music. You have pooped 3X in the potty and earned 2 m&m's each time! So we are making progress! You like to fake cry poo poo though and run to the potty (pah-ee). Then you say all done and flush and say "bye bye poo poo" and look for your m&m's. You get pretty ticked when you don't get any!


You LOVE your Sesame Street. You frequently look at the tv and say "show? Elmo?" You can correctly identify Elmo, Grover, Oscar, Abby, Bert, Ernie, Cookie Monster, and Big Bird. It is going to be a Sesame Street Christmas at our house!


You are so good at putting two and two together. If I say "Do you want to go outside?" you say "shoe". You know where the cat food bowl is in our bathroom and you will put all the pieces that have fallen out back in and say "Jack, food".


There is this Justin Bieber perfume commercial where all these men are screaming like little girls that cracks us up every time. When it came on over Thanksgiving we were all cracking up and you started screaming at the top of your lungs every time the men would scream! So we would laugh even more and then you would scream even louder!


I have been trying to emphasize Jesus this Christmas seasn. I have my Willow Tree nativity, a little mini nativity that I put in your room, and then your Little People Nativity. You know where Jesus is in each one and can bring Him to me when I ask you where Jesus is! You also tell Him you love Him and kiss Him! It makes my heart happy!


You are borderline OBSESSED with acorns. When we go on walks we don't get very far b/c you are too busy collecting them and stuffing them in your pockets.


We went to the pumpkin patch with our sweet playgroup. Little did we know you had strep which would explain all the crying you did! :(





You say Mmmmmmm when something tastes good!


We watched the Rangers make it to the World Series AGAIN this year!




If we say "Love you" to you, you say it back! If we ask for a hug you run into our arms and hug us so tight!


You are quite sassy at times and still like to hit us if you are frustrated. I will give you "the look"and tell you not to hit. You will give me a hug and say "sohwee". It really is sweet.


You had a Halloween parade at school and came home with lots of loot!





We had lots of fun Halloween activites including a neighborhood block party!


You went trick or treating for the first time and were the cutest little cow we have ever seen!




For Thanksgiving we went to Nanny and Grampa's new lakehouse for the first time! You got to play with alot of mommy's old toys and sit in one of mommy's old chairs! We had a great Thanksgiving at Lake Granbury!








You were in such awe of all the Christmas decorations this year! Everytime we got something else out you would say "Woah!!!!" and want to come see it and hold it.


You know that Santa says "Ho Ho Ho".




Little girl, I am so proud to be your mommy! I LOVE watching you learn and explore! You are such a sweet, smart little girl, and I can't believe you will be 2 in 4 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment