Thursday, August 14, 2008
Life is oh so sweet! :)
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Monday, July 7, 2008
Friday, May 30, 2008
I thought we had been spoiled with the first 2 showers! Then we had the last 2 and we seriously have everything we will ever need!!! And THEN.....I came over to my parents tonight to discuss some wedding details only to find a huge stack of packages and gift bags! Even more presents!!! Gifts from people who will not be able to make it to the wedding and gifts from people who have already been to showers and have sent us another gift!!! WOW!
Andrew came over tonight to eat dinner with us and I'm so glad he did so we could open all the fun stuff together! I want to list a few highlights from tonight that really affected me...
- Susan Petry- A dear friend of my parents who watched my sister and I alot growing up. Well she made Andrew and I a GORGEOUS quilt! I mean she hand made it!!! And then personalized it with our names and wedding date! I can't even imagine how long she has been working on it! It is so beautiful and I can't wait to cuddle up in it!
- Peggy Nix- She helped give one of my showers. She is a close friend of my parents! She sent us 2 flatware sets, a steak knife set, and the serving set that goes with our couture flatware! WOW!
- Porky- Best friend Erin's (who i've known since our births 2 months apart) Aunt sent us these beautiful wooden salad servers! I was so suprised!
- Ruth Currie- Dad's coworker...she sent us a cappuccino maker!!! It is so neat, you just add all the milk and espresso and pop it on the stove and 4 minutes later...a cappuccino! So cool!
- My Aunt Linda and Uncle Russ- She included a very personal card detailing a trip to the Galleria with me and my parents when I was a baby. She mentioned that they went to look around in a Tiffany and Co. store and apparently I was crying. So the Tiffany's ladies made me a rattle out of a Tiffany's box and I was fine the rest of the day. (My mom informed me that she still has the "rattle" somewhere) Well, we opened the package to find a HUGE "Tiffany Blue" box with Tiffany and Co. on it!! Oh my gosh, I have never had anything from there ever! Inside the box was a stunning crystal bowl! We will have a very special place in our house for it!
- Molly and Hunter Simon- My favoritest patient (and now friend) ever! I took care of Molly for several weeks while she was on bedrest with twins baby Sosie and baby Hunter. It was such a pleasure taking care of her, and she only made my nights brighter! She delivered last November and we have managed to stay in touch. I was so suprised to find a package from them tonight! We now have an awesome crate and barrel ice bucket, tongs, and wine cooler!!! So neat and so generous!
And there is so much more I would have to write for days to list it all! I spent the other night in my old room (where all of the gifts are living for now) sitting smack dab in the center of a sea of boxes and gift bags. I went through each and every one "playing" with all our kitchen stuff, setting up place settings, looking through cookbooks, etc. I even have a neat recipe holder that I got from one of the showers. Everybody in attendance brought a couple of recipes from home and they were filed away in my new recipe holder! I hadn't really had a chance to look through it yet. When I did I was so amazed at how many different types of things people had contributed! I can't wait to "try" to cook them all!!!
We are just so lucky to have these special people in our lives. It's so neat to think that our whole house will literally be filled with special things that whenever we look at them we will think "Remember when ____ gave us this for our wedding present!" We will treasure these wonderful gifts, but even more so treasure these wonderful family and friends who are gift enough!
I guess I'm just a little emotional since it's getting so close!!!
I only have 6 shifts left until I'm off for 28 days!!! Those 28 days will be jam packed with wedding preperation, the wedding itself, the honeymoon, and a couple days to get settled when we get back! But b/c of how our scheduling works I only have to take 3 weeks of PTO, so it works out great! I get 4 weeks off for the price of 3! Perks of being a nurse and working 3 nights a week!
I have been having alot of back pain lately so I mentioned it to my OBGYN at my appointment last week. Turns out there is a 5 cm cyst growing in my R ovary! :( He immediatly changed my BC, and I will be going back the week of my wedding to have it measured again! This makes me very nervous! He doesn't want me traveling with it that big since there is a risk of it rupturing and bleeding! But we will just cross that bridge when we get to it, doesn't make any sense to freak out now. I'll just freak out the week of the wedding b/c I'm sure I'll already be freaking out that week! j/k
Prayers would be greatly appreciated!!!
Got to get back to picking songs for the slideshow!!!!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
To this a week later!!!!