Friday, March 13, 2009

Answered Prayers!!!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, and not to harm you plans to give you hope and a future."

Jeremiah 29:11

Andrew got the job!!!!!! We are so blessed! This was such a scary time the past month and we handed it all over to God, and He has provided for us!!!! I feel like our relationship with God as well as each other has grown so much stronger as a result of this. My mom gave me a pretty purple lamenated card with this bible verse on it before I went to nursing school. I had it up in my dorm room in nursing school and looked at it every day. It always gave me such a sense of security and hope. I brought it to my apartment after nursing school and it has followed me to the new house where I have it in our bathroom. We found out Thursday he got the job and I could just hear this verse in my head! It really applies! God had a plan for Andrew all along!!!

Here's how it all went down...

I was sleeping off a long shift on Thursday when he came in yelling that he had just gotten a call and they had offered him the job! I woke up with a start and yelled and screamed with him and then went back to sleep since I had to work that night too! Once I got up like normal at 4:30 I thought to myself..."Did I dream that? Did he really get the job? Oh no...what if it was a dream!" I ran into the study where he was and found out it was true! He had been offered the job and accepted it in the same phone call! He will get his acceptance letter Monday and start at his new firm probably the next week! I have the next 6 days off so we are excited about spending alot of time together before we both head back to work!

Andrew's Grandma is here from Tennessee so we are cooking tomorrow night for her and Andrew's parents, Houston and Margaret. Andrew's Grandma hasn't seen the house since the week before the wedding back in June and it was still a few months from being completed. I am making a yummy pasta dish Andrew loves called Pasta, Pesto, and Peas and a delicious salad recipe from my mom called Sonoma Salad. I'm excited!!!!

We are going to sleep early b/c of Dash Down Greenville in the morning!!! Not before we watch Americal Idol first. We love Danny and Adam!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yayyy great news!!! glad that things went well and that they offered him the job!

    Enjoy your time together!

    ReplyDelete