Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Reese's first lake trip!

We were generously invited to head out to the Brassell's lake house for the weekend! Ironically last time we were there we were pregnant with Reesie but didn't know it yet! We headed out to Granbury on Friday afternoon. We met up with everybody at the lakehouse and Reese let everyone know right then and there that she was done with her carseat, done with the car, and basically just done with the day! After some calming techniques and a nap we loaded her back into the car and headed to a local burger place called Grumps for some burgers. The Petry's met us up there. Afterwards we headed back to the house and called it a night. We had to pack so much for a 2 day trip! Last time we had one small bag! This time we had a giant suitcase + a bassinette + her playmat! She had way more gear than us!

The next morning we were all up bright and early and enjoyed sitting out by the lake. Abby and I got to go on a nice walk while Reese took her morning nap. We decided to try to put Reese in the lake later that day. She has always loved swimming so we thought why not!



It took 3 of us to get her finagled into an infant life jacket and then we put the baby who was in the life jacket into the infant floatie.


She was in so many contraptions she could barely move! I wouldn't say she was really thrilled or anything but she definitely didn't cry! She just looked around and took it all in. She did kick her little feet which was pretty cute. Once we had her in a more sitting up position she seemed to tolerate it a little more.




She was pretty tuckered out after all that floating in the lake!

We made homemade pizza and homemade ice cream for dessert that night! Soooo good!


Watching Daddy fish...

It was a pretty fun weekend! There was not much time to relax though! We were all pretty tired on the way back!

I think I have been going and going and going and have finally hit a wall b/c I am sick! Thankfully I got cancelled today and am taking advantage of my mom being here. She has been taking care of Reese for me while I do something I have not done in awhile- lay on the couch. And it is glorious! Praying that no one else comes down with what I appear to have come down with. I made Reese's 4 month checkup appointment today...wow time is really flying by!

No comments:

Post a Comment