Thursday, March 25, 2010

38 weeks and 5 days appt

Andrew once again came up to my work yesterday so we could go to hopefully one of our last prenatal appointments!!! It was a busy day on the unit and my ob office was equally busy. Our appointment was at 2:25 and I didn't even get to eat lunch until 2! My sweet husband went and sat in the waiting room by himself for 45 minutes and called me when they were ready to see me so I could get caught up on my work! It was so great seeing Dr B again! I told him I was so glad he was back and would hopefully get to deliver me! He said he checked to see if I was delivered yet when he got back!

The last time we saw him we were leaning towards an elective induction at 39 weeks. Since then I have been on the fence and having difficulty deciding what to do. I asked him to tell me what he thought I should do and to tell me as if I was a patient and not a patient who happens to be a nurse he works with. (He said he felt as though I was like a daughter to him...awwwww!) I have not dilated any more and in fact Reese isn't even in my pelvis yet!!! She is just swimming and floating away! He said if we were to induce there is a greater risk of complications resulting in a c-section. Now I honestly am not going to care which way she comes out. As long as it is the best way for her. But if I can avoid a c-section, then that would be nice! But I am not going to be dissapointed in my delivery either way. I have seen the pros and cons of both ways. I told him we were now leaning towards just waiting and seeing what will happen. He said he fully supported that decision. The only thing is I am getting very, very anxious about something happening to the baby between now and delivery. He said if I am ever worried I can have a sonogram just like that. There really is no reason for me to worry though. She is moving like crazy all the time. I guess I just know too much and have lots of thoughts in my head about all the bad things that can happen!!! I have found that I have had to trust God completely to help me overcome all the anxiety I get!!

Sooooo...we are going to play the waiting game and I am really excited about it! Last night we had some delicous Taco Bueno and called the fam to update them on everything. It's so nice being home with the hubby every night! Can I just say that I LOVE DAY SHIFT!!! My mom told us that she had been in a hit and run yesterday! She was getting off the highway and someone rear ended her and left!!!! Her camry is totaled and they just paid if off this month! So rude! I can't believe there are people in this world who can sleep at night after doing something like that! Thank goodness a lady who had witnessed the accident circled back around to check on my mom and make sure she was ok! She says she feels fine and is not hurt so that is the most important part.

After doing our taxes, we decided to purchase a sectional for our living room. This is the last piece of furniture we have been needing since building our house 2 yrs ago. We figured this would be a good time since we will be spending alot of time at home in the next few months. The sectional came tuesday and since then we have been playing around with it trying to figure out how it looks the best. We may trade in some pieces for a different configuration that works better. So until then I am not allowed to sit on it in case my water breaks!!!! So I brought some water proof pads home from the hospital last night so I can at least sit on those on the couch!

1 comment:

  1. How time flies... I remember when you first spoke about buying the lot for your wonderful home and here.. 2 years later you have a full house!! Can't Believe it!

    Im glad you are comfortable with your decision. Keeping positive thoughts for you and baby Reese.

    Andrew seems like a sweet of him.

    You guys did a great job with the nursery!!

    Thank you for updating us!