Monday, March 1, 2010

Routines

Since being off work the past 3 weeks, I have realized something: the joy of a routine. There is just no way to have a routine while you are working night shift. No way. So it has been nearly 3 years since I have had a routine. I like routines. My routine right now may be boring, but it is oh so nice to have. Here is what the past few weeks have been like. I wake up around 8, have breakfast, watch some tv and play on the laptop, take a shower and get ready, have some lunch, maybe run and errand or two, piddle around the house, work on the baby's room, make some dinner, Andrew comes home, eat dinner on the couch while watching the Olympics, talk about our day, and in bed by 10. Throw in something crazy like a Dr's appointment once a week and there is my routine! Routines are so nice. I'm thinking I'll still have some sort of a routine next week when I start DAY SHIFT FINALLY!!! Of course once the baby comes, any routine will be out the window! But we will eventually find our new routine together. I can't wait!

I will always associate the Vancouver Winter Olympics with the end of my pregnancy b/c we watched it literally every night!

I officially have an outie belly button! It's so funny to look at it. When I laugh it pokes out even more. Andrew thinks it's hilarious to poke. Me- not so much. It's sensitive!!! I also have had heartburn for the first time ever the past few weeks!!!

I had a Dr's appointment today. I got swabbed for GBS and he went ahead and checked me since I had no pants on ha! I am closed and about 50% effaced. Man, all those contractions and they didn't hardly do anything!!!! Hopefully I can work a few weeks and build up a few more PTO hours. I also signed my delivery consents and had some blood drawn. I think I've gained about 25 lbs so far. I go back this Friday to employee health to have a "return to work assessment" so I can start working again next week!

I can't believe we are 35 weeks!!! It has just flown by! We are almost done with the nursery, just a few little details here and there!


35 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment