Thursday, September 9, 2010

9 months on, 9 months off

Well...after 5 successful months of pumping, it is time. Time to kiss the baby weight goodbye! I'm tired of feeling gross and thinking about losing the weight. It's time to just do it! I'm tired of eating lunch and then looking 5 months pregnant! Enough! I want to feel good about myself! I'm feeling very comfortable with the deep freeze full of milk so that if my supply goes down a little bit that is ok!!! Pregnancy does crazy things to your body. Everything isn't really back where it should be...haha. Even though I am only 5 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight I definitely don't feel as though it looks like only 5 lbs. I gained 35 lbs during my 9 months. I guess I thought that with pumping I would lose it all fast and then some. But those pesky 5 lbs just keep hanging on. Probably b/c I seriously have more cravings pumping than being pregnant!!! I have SUCH a sweet tooth! I have always had one but man I want sweets ALL THE TIME! I guess it was the day I had 2 cupcakes, a cookie, and then shared a piece of chocolate cake at work. I had no self control!!!! So here we go. I joined weight watchers last week and officially started Sunday. I was worried about being famished all the time since I am still pumping, but I get 10 extra points until she starts eating solids, and then I get 5 extra points. I have learned soooo much in just a few days! Alot of foods that I thought were healthy had sooo many more points than I thought they would! So I basically had to throw out alot of stuff and start over. The online program is pretty easy to use once you get used to it.

So here is a look back at my personal journey. Warning...avert your eyes at the end.


6 week belly


18 week belly-it's a girl!


28 week belly

36 week belly- I still had another month!




And now here is your warning.



Seriously don't look if you are squeamish.




Ok I warned you!!!!






This is what 5 months postpartum looks like. And this is before eating!

I realize nobody probably cares about this but I do! I want to look back and see where I started in a few months! I think taking a picture will make me more accountable maybe? Maybe I'll do some sort of follow up then. I won't show you the rest of my body, but my thighs, butt, and arms are definitely much more squishier than before. But is was all soooooo worth it! And I can't wait to do it again! Maybe next time I will start with a healthier body! This couting points stuff really works too. I have lost 4 lbs since Sunday! I'm sure it's all water weight, but I like seeing the scale go down! Maybe I can start running with Reese in a jogger once it cools off more. I said maybe!!! I will have to start slow though b/c I have not exercised in over a year!

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you girl.. I still am only five pounds above where I started, but it is shaped so, so different!! I'm starting back tomorrow with the hard core dieting and exercise. Keep updating me! Maybe you can help keep me motivated!

    ReplyDelete