Sunday, September 5, 2010

5 months!!!

Goodness gracious Reese is 5 months old! This has been the funnest month yet! She has just been an absolute joy and has SUCH a personality! We can't even begin to imagine life without our Little Tooter! Here we go...

Reese weighs about 16-ish lbs based on our home scale.

Mostly 6 month clothes.

Size 2 diaper during the day and size 3 at night.

Eats 5-6 oz every 3-4 hrs of breastmilk. Per our pedi recommendation we are waiting until 6 months to start solids. We re-dropped the 10pm feed and it worked so much better this time. She actually is sleeping better not eating so late. She is finishing more of her bottles too instead of leaving an oz. or so at the bottom, which is also stretching her longer between bottles. Her last bottle is usually around 8ish.

While eating and falling asleep she likes to put her hand all over our faces. It is really sweet but sometimes it hurts if her nails are long! Sometimes she'll put her fingers in my mouth or try to claw my throat! It's actually pretty funny. The minute that bottle goes in the mouth it's like a reflex...hand on my face.

Sleeping in her crib like such a big girl!!! Sleeping much better too than when in her bassinette. She goes to bed at 8:30 and sleeps until about 7. She usually is stirring a bit around 5 and that's when we give her her prevacid and she always falls back asleep. We only play the paci game 1-2 times a night and sometimes not at all!

Speaking of paci's...Reese is getting SOOOO good at finding her paci in bed and PUTTING IT IN HER MOUTH!!!! Amazing! I have been waiting for this day for a long time! Sometimes if she's fussy I'll run to her room to put her paci in and she already has it and has fallen back to sleep!

Drools. Alot.

Everything goes straight to the mouth. I love watching her discover something new and put it in her mouth and take it back out and look at it and then put it back in her mouth. She is constantly learning!

Out living room has officially been taken over by baby gear. Current faves are the jump n jive and exersaucer. She is pretty much over the activity mat now. She gets very offended if you put her under it.

She was bit by a spider and got poison ivy this month. So stressful but she was fine!

Loves the bath. We are now doing baths in the guest bath, but still with the infant tub and spongie thingie.

Went to Northpark to see daddy's board he made for the playhouse competition benefiting children who were victims of abuse.

She is soooo funny!!!! She has really discovered her personality! She is ALWAYS happy, and only cries when hungry or tired. Just meet her needs and she is an absolute joy! She has started squealing in addition to the laughing when she gets excited!

Laughs the most when we kiss her neck and toss her in the air!

Jack and Reese are still BFF. Whenever he walks into a room she just stares and stares! He makes her laugh by just walking by!

Our favorite time of the day is first thing in the morning when we go get her out of her crib. She makes the funniest sounds and smiles soooo big up at us!!! She pull her legs up with her hands and then kick them down to the mattress really hard when she gets excited!

HATES tummy time. Probably the reason she has not rolled over yet.

Takes a long nap morning and afternoon with a cat nap usually thrown in at some point around noon.

Falls asleep with her hand on her face EVERY TIME!

Started a home daycare this month that has been an answered prayer!!! Since I work every other weekend she has only has to go about 2 days a week. We get daily text updates and pictures too! We could not be more comfortable and happy with our choice! The pic below is the night before her first day. She knew I needed some extra cuddles from her!

Reese can sit up on her own for a few seconds before wobbling back or to the side. I swear she will be sitting before she rolls. Her favorite activity is if we are both sitting on the floor and she is sitting between my legs playing with her toys. I think she thinks she is sitting up on her own!

LOVES the water!

When I get home from work she starts breathing really fast and kicks her arms and legs in excitement!

I feel like we are finally coming out of that newborn fog. We are sleeping more, getting out more, and have adapted a really great schedule!

We try to go on a walk every morning and every evening. Reese loves chilling in her stroller and looking at everything!

Eyes are a hazelish bluish color and that RED hair is really coming in! It looks brown in some light but very red in other light!

Loves to "read" and eat her books.

We painted the piggies for the first time this past month! I just had to do it! They are so cute!

Started growling when she is really excited! It is the funniest sound!

Mommy update at 5 months...

I reached my next short term goal of pumping for 5 months.

Pumping 5X a day.

Started weightwatchers!!!!! Goodbye baby weight! See ya next time!

All I can say is I LOVE this little girl more than I can even begin to explain. I still stare at her in disbelief that she is mine! I am so lucky to have a job where I get to spend 4 whole days a week at home with her! I race home on the days I work to see her perfect face! She is my little buddy and I hope she always knows how much I love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment