Sunday, June 13, 2010

Back to work :(

Well the day finally came. After a glorious almost 9 weeks off I had to go back to work. I will always cherish that time with my girl and look back and remember it fondly! Even though most days consisted of sitting on the couch with unbrushed teeth and hair and wearing the clothes I had worn the night and day before it was the best time ever!!! I really got to know this little person and figure her out!!!! I had so much fun introducing Reese to new toys, trying on all her clothes that have been waiting for her, and learning what works and what doesn't work for her.

What is so great about this situation is that I got to back to work on DAY SHIFT! I started day shift when I was 36 weeks prego (The Lord always has perfect timing!) I honestly don't know how I would do this whole mom/full time work thing working night shift. I know many people who it works best for them, but not me!!! I was honestly more tired working night shift than I was caring for a newborn who ate every 3 hrs!

I got cancelled for 4 hours on Thursday the day after I got cancelled 12 hours! So I got to spend the morning with Reese and getting ready leisurely. When it came time I packed up my bag and pump and kissed my girl goodbye! It was hard, but I was ready to figure out this new role I would play- a working mom. I am so lucky to have a job where I only work 3 days a week! And even more lucky to have a mom who offered to watch Reese until August when she goes back to school. I'm sure I'll be more of a wreck when I have to actually take her somewhere and she can't be at her house all day! :(

Reese and mommy on June 3- my first day back to work

Reese had a great day with Nanny though! My mom said she could never imagine loving her granddaughter as much as she loves me, but she was surprised to find that she could! What better person to care for our daughter than my mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment