Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Birthday Weekend

Friday Reese had her 1 yr well check-up and was the perfect picture of health! Or so we thought! She got 2 shots and a TB skin test. NOT FUN!!!! This was the worst round of shots yet! She SCREAMED and stared at me like "Get me outta here! Why aren't you doing anything!" Yes my heart hurt for a long time after that fun experience. And to think I thought shots were bad when she was 2 months old!

That night we all went up to Firewheel for dinner and to let Reese practice her walking! She had fun at the park but didn't eat much dinner and started acting real puny. She only wanted to be carried around with her head on my shoulder. That is not my Reese!

She started running a temp of 101 that night, but still slept good. Saturday, she didn't eat very much, still had the temp, but was close to her normal self. We took her on a jog that morning and I was actually able to do 3 miles without stopping! After a nap we went to Alyssa's 1st birthday party. When Reese saw Alyssa dig into her cake she started signing "more" to me! I got a big kick out of that! On the way home we went to Chick-fil-A so I could get my fix since they wouldn't be open Sunday on my b-day. Reese actually ate a little bit of chicken nugget and some fruit so I thought whatever was bothering her would be gone soon. WRONG!

Just for kicks, here are a few pictures of my birthday last year. Reese was 8 days old, and we went to Chick-fil-A on my birthday for our first family outing! Reese is so tiny and I look so BIG! Just being real!

So yea that night was so rough! My poor child cried and ran a fever over 103 all night! She ALWAYS sleeps through the night so we knew something was way wrong! We spent alot of the night rocking in her room. Finally at 6 she drank a little bit of milk and fell asleep on me in our bed until 8. In the night the on-call pedi told us to call for an appointment in the morning. We were able to get an appointment for 10:30. After tylenol and a cool bath, I still couldn't get her fever below 103. She thankfully slept on the way to the dr. I was shocked to hear she had a "bad" left ear infection and "pus and exudate" coming from her throat and tonsils! She had been perfectly healthy less than 48 hrs before! So with our now screaming child we were on our way with some amoxicillin. Reese was very glazed over watching Baby Einstein on the car ride home. I felt so bad for her! We picked up her script and headed home. I checked her temp before giving all her meds and it was 104.5!!!! So that's when I started FREAKING out and yelled at Andrew to call the pedi back! I couldn't give her tylenol yet so I gave her some motrin with her antibiotics. I was also able to get a few oz of milk in her and she passed out in my arms. This was such a scary moment for me as a mom! Andrew said that they told him as long as she is giving eye contact and peeing to ignore the thermometer. Well that is very hard for this nurse! I needed a cooling blanket and was about to start implementing seizure precautions!

She slept on me for awhile, and I was able to put her in her bed to sleep for about an hr. Shout out to my parents who brought us Cheesecake Factory for a late lunch since neither of us had eaten yet! We were supposed to meet up with all the families for my birthday lunch but had to cancel. I actually forgot it was my birthday for most of the day!

We made it through the rest of the day and her temp dropped to the 100 range which we were very thankful for. We ate our leftover Cheesecake Factory for dinner and it was soooo good. We toasted to our brave little girl and me for turning 28!

I called in Monday and spent the day with my little sickie. She ate a little bit of breakfast. She wanted to hold her birthday balloon while she ate so I let her!

I thought she was on the mend b/c she had a fun time playing outside! She makes some of the funniest faces! Look at those curls!

Once we came in she was pretty puny the rest of the day. We watched alot of sesame street which is her new love.

Look at that face!!!! My poor sweet baby!

I caught a smile here and there!

Back to not feeling good.

So then Tuesday was about the same and then today has been very hard. She now has a cough and lots of snot! And her next R top tooth is literally breaking through the gum today, and you can see the L one under the gum also. I feel so bad for her! Thank you Lord for tylenol, motrin, orajel, and Sesame Street on demand!

My beautiful birthday flowers from Hubsy! He also surprised me with a Nook Color!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment